A basic list of features added over time.
Date: September, 2021 (v5.8)
- General maintenance and code upkeep.
Date: February, 2019 (v5.8)
- Compatibility release for WordPress Gutenberg v5+
- Insert and Bind Auction now adds a shortcode block, and assigns Post to the auction
Date: July, 2017 (v5.7)
- Switched date time picker to CDN version
- Removed AddThis sharing buttons feature, to increase plugin compatibility
- Deprecated custom template fields feature, due to non-usage and to increase plugin speed
- Sanitized placeholder data
Date: 2017 (v5.6)
- Enhancement : Auto refresh now refreshes more parts of traditional style
- Enhancement : New feature that deletes auctions/bids older than 6 months (clean up)
Date: October, 2016 (v5.5)
- Introduced Quick-Buy engine
- Removed access restrictions for admins on 3rd party auctions
Date: June, 2016 (v5.4)
- Improved handling of commas in bids
- Added double-check to auction extension to make sure auction hasn’t been won just before we extend it
- Clarified messaging when auction not won due to reserve price
- Upgrades for deprecated WordPress functions
- Added option for custom login/registration pages
Date: April, 2016 (v5.3)
- Deprecated jQuery.Tools, using native JS shipped with WordPress. Thereby removing 99% of JS clashes.
Date: November 10th, 2015 (v5.2)
- New Feature: 2nd chance. Give other winners or reserve not met bidders the option to buy at their maximum bid for closed or not paid auctions
- Enhanced Traditional Display to be responsive
- Small bug fixes in the future display date and request to bid features
Date: August 20th, 2015 (v5.1)
- Improved countdown timer and bid notification updates via AJAX
- Updated CSS styling and backend text information
- Updated translation files .po and .mo
Date: December thru April 6th, 2015 (v5.0.5)
- Added option to delete rogue auctions
- Added switch to hide AddThis sharing buttons
- Applied switch to hide countdown to modern layout
- Fixed validation issue that occurs on some configurations
- Removed Pay via Paypal if user has no paypal
- Image enhancements
- Reverse auction engine bug fixes
- Bug fix (obfuscated bidders)
Date: September 24th, 2014 (v5.0)
- Multi-user auctions
- Fix to Zend errror on some platforms
- New super auction layout
- Use wp_mail for UTF email
- Fix bug in BIN
- New payment mechanism – new shortcode
- Split auction widget into widget and shortcode (for list)
- Lots of bug fixes & performance improvements
- Added CSS classes to most everything
- Updated text
- Updated CSS styling
- Multiple category selection
- Default WordPress enabled media support
Date: February 6th, 2014 (v4.6)
- Custom Payment Option
- Blacklist bidders
- Lots of performance optimizations
Date: August 25th, 2013 (v4.5)
- Added “bind to auction” in post/page
- Add a global auction fee, either percentage or flat rate based
- Bug fix – some email clients mangling up the PayPal URL
Date: May 15th 2013 (v188.8.131.52)
- Modernise email verification routine
Date: May 1st, 2013 (v4.4.4)
- Added sort feature to current auction listing
- Added option to give anonymity to bidders names
Date: April 23rd, 2013 (v184.108.40.206)
- Corrected “Cancel Last Bid”
- Email notices sent on bids placed
- Handle categories with “&” in name
- Show the maximum bid placed by users in admin area (experimental feature)
- Added option to show/hide custom contact
- Set login redirection target to current page
Date: March 4th, 2013 (v220.127.116.11)
- Resolved some bugs in the “Reverse Engine”
Date: February 28th, 2013 (v4.4.3)
- Resolve issue with conflicting auto-bid and self-increment
- Countdown JS upgraded to 1.6.1
- Added option to delete uploaded images in saved auctions
Date: December 14th, 2012 (v4.4.2)
- Updated to work with WordPress 3.5’s new image handler.
- Updated Bulk Upload add-on.
Date: October 31st, 2012 (v4.4.1)
- Fix bug with custom messages not being saved.
- Added option to bypass cropping, under “Design Settings” (though this changes aspect ratio).
Date: October 17th, 2012 (v4.4)
- Request to bid feature.
Date: September 10th, 2012 (v4.4)
- Integrated the full set of currencies offered by PayPal.
- Minimum Bid Increment can be set globally or on a per auction basis.
- Email notifications to admin can be set to be received on bids placed, auctions won or both.
- Fixed a GoDaddy server specific email issue.
- Allow proxy bidders to increase max bid (thanks to mensmaximus).
- Dates and time now follow WP settings (thanks to mensmaximus).
- Deprecate resizer, images are now handled by WordPress image resizer.
- Added a CSS class “wpa-auction-sold” to closed auctions, visible only when auctions are embedded in a Post/Page.
- “Auction Closed” notice once an auction is closed, visible only when auctions are embedded in a Post/Page
Date: May 27th, 2012 (v4.3)
- Auction templates.
- By pass image resizer.
- Reinstated Rich Text Editor on auctions.
- Mail functions now support HTML and UTF-8, rebuilt mail subsystem.
- Bug fixes & improvements.
- Tightened auction creation error handling.
- Date_end_original causing problem on Windows servers (fixed).
- Auction Starting Date can now be changed (as long as there are no bids).
Date: February 20th, 2012 (v4.2)
- 100% translation ready.
- Time extension feature.
- Timer countdown feature. Shown only when an auction is embedded into a Post/Page.
Date: January 16th, 2012 (v4.1.3)
- Fixed issue where bidder would refresh the page and bid would automatically go up.
- WordPress 3.3+ compatible. Fixed date popup bug.
Date: November 1st, 2011 (v4.1.2)
- Automatic removal of currency symbols (i.e $, ? etc…) from the bidding field.
- Canceling the last bid from the admin screen will now reset the starting bid back to the original amount.
- Ability to re-send the winning email to the winner in case of any unforeseen server/mail error.
Date: September 17th, 2011 (v4.1.1)
- Fixed a security bug.
- Enhanced the “Register to Bid” feature, it now disables editing of name and email on the bidding form WHEN the user is registered.
- Added Multi-site support!
Date: August 31st, 2011 (v4.0.6)
- Fixed a bug that eliminates the “Auction Closed: 0” emails. If this issue still persists for you please post on our support forums.
Date: July 26th, 2011 (v4.0.6)
- Fixed registration and log in links on sidebar widget.
Date: July 7th, 2011 (v4.0.5)
- Fixed a small non-critical bug for the custom currency setting.
Date: July 6th, 2011 (v4.0.4)
- Localization fixes.
- Stabilize add/edit after WP3.2 upgrade.
- Updates for WP 3.2 compatibility.
- Changed function names to avoid theme clashes.
Date: June 15th, 2011 (v4.0)
- 2 new bidding engines. Simple Bidding and Reverse Bidding.
- Watch auctions capability for viewers.
- Auction landing page. Direct all your auctions to one single Post or Page.
- Completely new front end interface.
- WYSIWYG description editor.
- Auction categories.
- Shipping description option.
- Set reserve prices for auctions.
- Start auction on specific date and time.
- Streamlined Current Auctions and Closed Auctions interface.
- Set custom colors for the front end interface.
- Emails sent to admin with winner details
Date: November 30th, 2010
- Fixed Locale (local language) support. Plugin should be compatible with .mo and .po files.
Date: November 27th, 2010
- Bulk Upload Add-on released.
Date: November 3rd, 2010 (3.7.4)
- Fringe condition where autobid is identical to user bid .. always make sure auto-bid wins (first bidder takes precedence). Basically, if the User B bids identical to User A’s maximum bid this ensures that User A still wins as they entered their maximum bid first. Bug only applied to first bids placed and not to subsequent bids thereafter.
Date: October 18th, 2010 (3.7.3)
- Fixed a bug that caused images to not show up in PHP 4 based server environments. This will be a non issue as WordPress itself updates to a minimum of PHP 5 to run it. So please tell your hosting providers to upgrade you to the latest version of PHP.
Date: September 13th, 2010 (3.7.2)
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Current Bid” to show $0.01 instead of the actual current bid. If you are upgrading from 3.7 to 3.7.2 please wait till your auctions have completed and then upgrade. If you upgrade while your auctions are live it will cause your auctions to malfunction. We’re very sorry for this inconvenience.
Date: September 7th, 2010 (3.7.1)
- Added the function to show that a Bidder B has been outbid Bidder A’s maximum bid
- Fixed some pop-up styling
Date: August 2nd, 2010
- Customizable emails
- Uploaded image preview
- Remote debugging (used for providing support)
- Other bug fixes, including a time bug that displayed wrong bidding times
Date: June 16th, 2010 (v 3.6.2)
- Minor CSS updates.
Date: June 6th, 2010 (v 3.6.1b)
- Minor CSS adjustment for pop-up due to other thickbox CSS settings conflicting with it.
Date: June 3rd, 2010 (v 3.6.1)
- Fixed image upload error.
- Fixed mild CSS style for the pop-up.
Date: May 18th, 2010
- New backend user interface
- Updated the pop-up styles and slightly modified the auction in a post CSS
- Added HTML support for descriptions, you can even embed a video now!
- Faster code
Date: April 15th, 2010
- Fixed issues with image upload that caused errors on a few hosting environments.
- Improved security.
- Changed “Register to bid” link to point to actual WordPress register page.
Date: April 13th, 2010
- Importance: High – Fixed issue where an auction could get deleted by a 3rd party user.
- Importance: Medium – Fixed issue where images would not get stored properly if blog was set on a subdomain.
- Minor bug fixes.
Date: March 18th, 2010
- New image upload process, now you can upload your images using the default WordPress image uploader.
- End auctions on a specific date and time.
- Custom bid increments lets you specify the next minimum bid amount.
- Updated styles, now your “Auctions in a post” feature will inherit the style you choose.
- Other bug fixes.
Date: January, 2010
- Custom contact field added. Enables you to accept other contact information, like a phone number, instead of the default URL.
Date: August, 2009